- Use the Filters menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Check off one or more boxes that will be added to the search parameters.
- Type in the values or names in the text boxes. Most of the time, it will auto-populate a list of options with similar names or naming conventions. Select the appropriate one for it to be added to the search.
- To remove a filter (box or value) – simply uncheck or click X beside the name.
- Click Update Results at the very bottom of the Filters menu and the page will reload with the data you are looking for.
- You can see how many companies or properties come up based on your filter criteria by looking at the “matching results” number.
- If you would like further details on using the Filters menu, please use the Glossary at the bottom of your page.
2. Use the Tabs going across the data table to view your filtered results with a focus on specific data sets.
Please note, these views do not filter the data. You will notice the number of matching results found above the tabs does not change as you move through different tabs.
3. The Map section works differently.
- After filtering and narrowing your data, you want to look at your information from the Map perspective.
- Select the Map tab – it should display the results from your filtered search.
- Click on the map itself and it will take you to another page with a more zoomed in map.
- Once on this map, you will see Layers on the right-hand side of the web page.
**Please note that if you de-select any layers, your results will expand outside the parameters of your search.
General rule of thumb: filter first, then display data in the appropriate data set view using the tabs.